Pages



Saturday 11 March 2017

MAC: Really Me


When I think of MAC lipsticks I think of long lasting formula's, amazing pigmentation and exceptional colour range. 

My favourite formula of the MAC lipsticks is their matte ranges. I'm really particular with my lipsticks but matte formulations tend to be my favourite, coming up a close second is liquid lipsticks (which dry matte so i'm not sure if you would class them as the same thing...I don't).  You'll never catch me with a cremesheen or a satin finish on my lips purely because I don't like that style on me.


If you're into beauty you'll probably know that Whirl was everyones go-to lipstick about 1 year and a half a go, and why shouldn't it be? It's the ultimate brown nude which everyone lusted after. 
With MAC's amazing matte formulation, it was a lipstick you could trust that would last. Which then lead me to purchase my second matte lipstick Velvet Teddy - this was even more hyped because it was one of Kylie Jenner's ultimate faves which gave you that "your lips but even better than better" look, paired with Whirl lipliner it was the ULTIMATE match made in heaven.

Recently I've gotten into pretty much pink everything, and if you know my make up collection you'll soon realise i'm not much of a pink make up wearer. I love it on other people but I always thought I was too pale for it. I'm often found gazing over browney-nude lipsticks and golden eyeshadows, I never venture too much onto the more colourful side because I didn't think it suited me.

Now its getting slightly warmer in the UK and I mean like the tiniest amount, I feel Spring is edging closer and closer which makes me really happy. I love winter and its my favourite of the seasons but for some reason, I'm craving for it to be Spring/ Summer. I can't wait to book my summer holiday and wear flip flops and lounge about eating ice creams in the sun.

In my latest MAC order I picked up the shade Really Me, its still on the Pinkish-mauve side but still its in the pink family. Still sticking with the normal £16.50 price tag and matte formulation, I was so excited to receive it in the post along with a few other unnecessary MAC purchases woops.

I have a feeling this will be one of my new favourite lipsticks, as Spring is now fast approaching i'm ready for some more colour in my life. I mean i'll never not love my plum and berry tones for all year round, I just feel being a bit bolder and stepping out of your comfort zone is a good thing. Its weird because most people would consider pink lips to be quite understated/ normal and for dark reds and bright purples to be too out there, but for me its the other way round - Nothing feel's more normal for me than a dark lip.

What are your MAC faves?

xxxxx


2 comments :

  1. This shade looks super pretty! MAC lipsticks never disappoint. I must check this one out the next time I'm at MAC :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so pretty! I've never had a problem with mine, I absolutely adore them. I'd never heard of it, i'm so glad I picked it up! x

      Delete